Saturday, April 15, 2006

Purity's Moosic City Dairy Dash 5K Run

I had to be up and moving by 5:45 am this morning so Rhys kindly woke up at 5:15 am instead. ::::sigh::::

I met my group at the Wal-Mart parking and we went down to Nashville. The race was being held at MetroCenter so it was pretty easy to find.

We picked up our registration packet, complete with a pretty blue shirt, and then got our chips. I learned from last week and made sure that I used two ties to secure the chip to my shoe. I also double tied my shoes.

The course today was a nice, flat course and it was a beautiful day out. We started about 8:20 am and it was pretty hot when you were in the sun. The course went through an industrial area so there were a lot of trees lining the path...I made for the shade.

My pace was a little slower than last week. My chip time was 37:21 which made my pace 12:03. I placed 21st in my age group, 263rd for women and 555th overall. I was pretty pleased with the race.

Since all of us had finished except one, we headed back out on the course and met her about half a mile from the finish line. We stayed with her until right before the finish line. We cheered her in as she crossed the line.

After the race, we got some free stuff from Outback and waited for the awards ceremony. One of my running group, Yvonne, placed second in her age group (55-59). She wasn't going to get her medal but we told her she had to.

There was a photographer there and so Monday I will see if any pictures of me were taken. I think they got everyone crossing this finish line since I saw several photographers there when I cross.

My next group run will be on Tuesday when we will be doing 3.25 miles to prepare for the Wilma Rudolph Memorial 10K run in June.

No comments: