Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Ouccchhhh!

After my success on the treadmill, I was feeling very confident. I did my 45 minutes and although my legs were a bit sore, I didn't feel too badly. Car trouble prevented me from coming in yesterday but I went today.

Miss Sure of Herself decided to take the leap and work on an elliptical today. I did 45 minutes on a treadmill, I felt that surely I could do the same on the elliptical. Now, stop laughing, those of you who have ever used one.

After less than 10 minutes on it (on the lowest setting possible going as slow as I could before it would pause), I was ready to submit to a filling with no pain medication. That machine is deceptive! It looks fun, it looks easy and let me tell you, it is not. I went 10 minutes and then I took a break. How embarassing to be sweating so much and barely able to stand when I got off.

I went to the weight area to do my various weights. I added another set since 2 sets was fairly easy. I also added weight on one of my machines. I can feel the third set making itself known.

Even though I had done 10 minutes and the weights, I decided to get back up on the elliptical since one was free.

I did another 10 minutes. This time, it was easier and I was able to go faster but it was still a tough work out. I saw a few ladies who had been up for over 30 minutes, I don't know how they did it without breaking a sweat. Within just 2 minutes on that, I am sweating like I am sitting in a sauna.

Ooohhh, my feet and legs are already stiff. I am soo gonna feel this tomorrow!

No comments: