Thursday, March 23, 2006

5K!

While I have been slack in keeping up here, I have not been slack on the exercise front.

I have been meeting with my group three times a week. Tonight we ran 2.25 miles, I finished in 28:10 which puts me under a 13:00 minute mile!

We met down at APSU on Sunday and had planned to run 2 miles. The plan was to run on the actual 5K course, go out one mile and then turn around and go back again. Before we started, several of us talked about it and decided to try running the entire 3.1 miles.

We got the okay from the trainer so we set off. We finished the entire 3.1 miles in just under 39 minutes, which was just about a 13:00 minute mile. We were very pleased with our efforts.

I weighed in on Monday, I was at 212.2 lbs so I really need to change the fat-o-meter over there!

Less than 3 weeks to race day...eeek!

No comments: