Monday, March 06, 2006

Wow!

Time just has a way of slipping past so quickly. I have good intentions of blogging and then get distracted. By the time I get around to doing it, weeks passed.

I have actually not sat idle the last few weeks. I have been faithfully going to the gym on Monday and Wednesday while doing group runs on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.

Our group has now started running in 1/2 mile legs. I feel pretty darn good that I can make that without stopping. I know I was running better than 2 miles at a shot but I think I am running maybe a wee bit faster in this method.

This week, tomorrow, we are meeting at a house so that we can be introduced to hills. Heh, come run in my neighborhood...that is all there is.

I have to brag on my 9 year old daughter. She normally runs in the mile fun run in the race, all my kids do. This is a major event that the schools promote. She said that she wanted to run the 5K. She didn't realize it was 3.1 miles so my husband took her out to show her. He let her lead the pace after telling her where to turn. That little gazelle made it in under 30 minutes! Running

My 10 year old wanted to try it but didn't quite make it. He has been in remission for leukemia for nearly 3 years but he still doesn't have the stamina of a regular 10 year old. I think he will just do the mile fun run.

Yes, it is Monday and yes, I did weigh myself. I am now down to 213.8 It is a loss of .6 lbs and I can *FINALLY* move the red in the fat-o-meter!

No comments: