Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy 2007!

Wow, 2006 was quite a year for me. There were so many twists and turns through the year, most I never saw coming or ever expected to take place.

Of course, one of the major ones is that I not only started running consistantly, I have stuck with it. It all began back in February when I joined a local couch to 5K group to train for a 5K race in April. A few of us in that group continued to run together and ran in several more races.

In June, I hooked up with a Half Marathon training group and began to train for the St Jude's Half Marathon. In about July or maybe August, I peeked back in at the Runner's World Forums, which I had actually joined several months before.

Between the encouragement I got online through the Beginners Forum, my Half group and of course, my family, I ran St Jude's and did very well.

Shortly after St Jude's, another big change was in the air since we are making a move to Northern Virginia. We have spent the last week there looking for a house. We have found it and expect to move there in the next three weeks.

So, what are my stats for the year?

Total miles run: 585.34 miles
Longest run: 13.1 miles
Average miles per week: 20 miles
Fastest race pace: 10:22
Total money earned: $47.50 (I put a quarter in a piggy bank each time I run)

Now, I have my goals set on training for a full marathon. I asked a few weeks back about various marathon programs and have decided to go with a blend of Hal Higdon's Novice and Intermediate I program for now. That may still change.

So, since it is 2007, I must have some goals, right? Well, of course I do!

Total miles to run in 2007: 1000
Longest run: 26.2
Average miles per week: 25
Fastest race pace: TBD

I am sure that I will modify these and add to them but for now, I have something in mind.

No comments: