Saturday, January 13, 2007

Not Enough Hours

Between trying to get a house ready to sell and moving out of said house into a new house, my running has suffered. Add into that, no spouse on hand to help out... Pass the cheese to go with my whine please.

I admit it, I have slacked off in the past 10 days because I put other things in front of my running. I still feel I am in a good spot though and I should have a few days where I can get in some milage prior to the move. Once we make the move, I should be able to get back into my groove as well.

I did join my local running club via the internet. If I can really get motivated after driving +700 miles, I will meet them next weekend for a 5 mile run. We will see how things go with everything before I make a firm commitment.

So, in looking at my own merged Hal schedule, I have missed some longish runs, not major milage but some build up. I may drop back and go with more of the novice program until I can get settled in the new place and back in running mode.

It just sucks when I really do want to get my milage in and things just stack up and prevent it. I am a firm believer in being selfish sometimes and putting myself first but at this time, I just can't justify taking 2 hours to go run (yeah, for 8-9 miles, it would take me over 90 minutes). I look at everything that still needs to be done.

It will be easier once the move is made since husband will be on hand to help out in getting things set to right. In looking around, my neighborhood is a nice running area and the myriad of trails/routes around me are fantastic.

I want to wish my BF buddy, Vic good luck tomorrow as he runs his marathon debut in Houston. If you have never gone over to his blog, do it. I mean it. Now. Why are you still here? Vic is a total inspiration and is da man. He also has blue eyes to die for. What a hunk He is so going to rock that marathon!!

No comments: