Sunday, July 01, 2007

Trail Half

Woo hoo! I got in! I got in! There is a trail Half Marathon locally coming up that I wanted to run it. There is a cap of 250 runners, there is no online registrations and it closes quickly. I waited until the registration was up, printed it out and rushed it to the post office. I sweated, hoping that I got in and was thrilled when I saw that I was listed on the list of entrants. There is a practice run on August 18th that I am hoping to make it to as well.

This week was the last week of the Women's Training Program. It ended with the Woman's Distance Festival 5K run. I entered it and Kaitlyn also wanted to run so I entered her.

We picked up our packets from the YMCA on Saturday. We got some good stuff in the packets too. Kaity got a pink and black preshrunk fitted cotten running shirt with the WDF logo on it. I don't really care for fitted shirts so I opted for a lime green loose t-shirt with the logo. We also got a beach ball and a beach tote with the logo on it. There was a pedometer and software too, as well as the assorted fliers and coupons (including one for 1 week free at the YMCA) I think the best thing in the packet had to be the hot pink socks from The Sock Guy. It has WDF, 2007 and says Hottie on the cuff. I appropriated Kaity's pair since they are too big for her.

Saturday had really gorgeous weather but it was pretty humid. The course was decorated with pink flamingos, signs and men in hula skirts with coconut bras. We ran part of the course out on the W&OD so had to content with other runners and bikers who were not part of the race. The race officials did very well with keeping the non racers off the course and out of our way.

I knew I had not put in the miles so was not expecting a PR but I did PR! I had my slowest 5K ever LOL Kaity came in a few minutes after me. We didn't win any door prizes but we had fun.

A few other ladies who took part in WTP plan to continue to meet so we will be running on Mondays still. This will work into the training plan that I am going to follow to train for the trail Half.

I am actually looking forward to getting in more miles once again.

No comments: