Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Bruised Bone and 3/2

I mentioned a few posts back that I fell numerous times recently during a trail run. I thought it was possible that I chipped my kneecap since I have one spot that is still tender when touched. (I know, stop touching it!) I can't kneel on that knee either but other than that, have full range of motion. Now I think it is just a bruised bone and time will take care of it. If it gets feeling worse or hinders motion, I will get it looked at.

After running several times using a 3 minute run/3 minute walk, I was not too impressed. The walk felt like it was entirely too long. It is not a good sign when you keep looking to see if it is time to run again. This week, I switched to a 3 minute run/2 minute walk interval. Today was my first day trying it and I have to say, I liked it much better.

Not only did I run my route 3 minutes faster this morning, I also did not feel tired at the end of my run. It was a gorgeous morning for a run, in the mid 50's. I start my run when it is still dark out but it is light by the last part of the run.

I did find that I can preset my Garmin on interval training. This allows me to set it to beep at 3 minutes and then again at 2 minutes so I know when to run/walk. This morning I ran with my iPod, which I rarely do. It is down low enough so I can easily hear the Garmin as well as traffic and others around me. I may get my other mp3 player out since I can put scripture on it to listen to while I run. I guess I should find the charger for it, I have not used it since we moved.

No comments: