Thursday, May 11, 2006

10K

Since we had done so well with running 4.5 miles, I decided to see if I could actually run 6.1 miles (10K)

There is a fairly good 10K run that my husband runs on a regular basis. I decided to run that this morning and my husband came along with me. He is recovering from pneumonia so my penguin waddle is not too difficult for him to do, even pushing the double jogging stroller.

Since I can run 5K in just under 40 minutes, I had a goal of doing the 10K in 1:20.

It was a gorgeous morning out and this course was sooo deceptive. I knew there were some hills but I was really looking forward to running DOWN them on the return. I swear, it was all uphill no matter which direction I was running. The really killer hill was in the last half mile...eeeek!!

I was pretty darn proud of the fact that I didn't walk, I continued to run and my final time was 1:23:44

No comments: