Friday, May 05, 2006

Argh!

This will be the third time I have attempted to post this same thing! I hope it works this time!!

Tonight, we were up to 4.5 miles for our evening run, the longest run we have attempted.

We run on a loop of road that circles a school complex. From our starting point, each mile has a different point. The first mile is marked by the ROTC building, mile two is the baseball field gate etc. As we approached the second stop sign, I let Candi know that it was our stopping point.

We had been talking while running and it was a comfortable pace. Since we were so comfortable, I thought it was entirely possible that I was a lap ahead in my head so I veered back on course.

When I run, I start my stopwatch but then turn it back to the time. If I leave it on the stopwatch, I am too tempted to look at it, get freaky and think I should speed up.

I clicked over and saw we had been running nearly an hour. Now, we may be slow but we are not that slow..doing 3 miles in an hour. We had a good laugh about our willingness to run another lap.

Our time was 58:30 at a 13:00 pace. Woo hoo!

No comments: