Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Two Weeks!

While at camp out a few weeks ago, I did something to my back. It was bad enough walking, there was no way that I was going to attempt to run.

Tonight was the first time I had attempted to run and so we decided to do an easy 5K.

As we started to run, I was a little discouraged because I felt like I was going so incredibly slow. I knew I would be slow since it had been so long since my last run.

Candi and Samantha pulled ahead and were about .10 mile ahead of me. I was so tempted to just stop because I felt like there was little point in going on when I was going so slow.

When I got to the stopping point, I was stunned to see my time 37:16! That is one of my fastest times doing 3.1 miles rather than my slowest.

I guess sometimes it does pay to take a break from running.

No comments: