Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Dog Running

Now that my dog is a year old, she can come with me on some runs. Since it is sorta running related as well as dog related, I guess I will just double post the info here and on Tinsel's Blog Expect more heavy on the running here, more doggy there.

Tinsel has always gotten excited seeing me get into running gear because she knows I am going out on the trail. I have held off on doing any running with her because she is a puppy. Or, she was. She just turned a year old so her major growth is about done. She is still going to grow a bit but not any significant amount.

Just like a person, you have to build up your dog when running. She was not pleased with that, I don't think she ever went over a fast trot while we were out. We did 3 minutes of running (her fast trot and occasional bounce around) and then 2 minutes of walking. She did very well with it, stayed on my left side and kept a fairly loose lead.

It was raining and she seemed to love fording the creeks (I had stepping stones).

We did just under 3 miles so she gets tomorrow off and after checking her feet, we will run/walk again on Friday. The stinker, even after that, she was Miss Bouncy Happy Nutcase during class.

No comments: