Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I'm Melting......

Oh. My. Word.

I went out for my run this evening and I think I sweat off a few pounds. We meet in the evening, about 7 pm, so it is still warm but the sun is setting. You would think it would be a lot cooler. Ha!

It was 93 when we started our run and so incredibly humid. I run with a washcloth to wipe sweat off my face and usually it takes about a mile before I start to use it. Tonight, it was less than half a mile before it came out.

In spite of the temperature and humidity, we had a fairly decent time. Since we have the 10K this weekend, did 5K tonight. Our time was 39:00:49

Right now, one of my running buddies ditched out of the 10K and signed up for the 5K instead. My second buddy is still undecided :::sigh:::

I did have a break today, of sorts. Normally when I run, I can't stop and walk. If I walk, I just can't run again. Normally, if I feel the need to stop, I just slow way down. Today, Candi and I finished and Samantha was behind us. We walked back to Samantha and then ran with her to the finish! That may not be a big deal but it was a huge thing for me! I walked and was able to run again.

No comments: