Friday, June 30, 2006

Doofus

Yes, it is me who is the doofus. I admit it freely.

i have been running at least three days a week, usually on Tuesday, Thursday and Sundays. Since my coach (my, doesn't that sound impressive?) wants me to increase my running to five days a week, I decided to go running this evening. Greg came along pushing Rhys in the stroller.

I thought I was running at a pretty decent pace and was feeling pretty proud of myself. When we stopped, I was really disappointed to see my time was 42:14.

Okay, that is not a horrible time, really it is not. A few months ago, I would have been thrilled to run 3.1 miles in that time but not today. Why? Because my average time for 5K is under 38 minutes. Based on that, I felt that +42 minutes sucked, more so since I thought I had done well and felt like it was a good run.

Greg insisted that the route was longer than 3.1 miles while I insisted that I had checked the route numerous times and it was 3.1 miles. Just to prove him wrong, I pulled up the website and mapped the route yet again.

Whoops, I was wrong! The route that we ran was not 3.1 miles but 3.41 miles...which really makes a difference when you are calculating pace from your time. Had I only ran 3.1, I would have been under 38 minutes. So really, it was a good pace and run for me.

What a doofus I am!

On a nonrunning related note, I have pink eye in both eyes!! Yuck! I am on antibiotics and let me tell you, it was hard to stop myself from wiping at my eyes while running.

No comments: