Wednesday, June 28, 2006

St. Jude's...Here I Come!

So tonight was an information meeting about a half marathon training group that is forming. I was kinda undecided if I wanted to train for St. Jude's (run in December) or just hold off for the later training that is for the County Music Marathon (run in April).

After going to the meeting, I decided to sign up for this group. It is a small group, the one next year will be larger. I really like the fact that most of the runners, in an informal poll, are all at my running pace of....slower! Yeah, I should not be gleeful and really, I am not but it is nice to know I won't be trailing the pack the entire time.

Chuck, the couch, seems like a really nice guy. He is going to set up a list on RunOrgy for the group so that he can put out our weekly training schedule and we can log our milage in.

In a switch, he wants us running 5 days a week. I have been running at least 3 days a week so hopefully it won't be too much of a stretch to add a fwe more days. We are going to be meeting first thing in the morning, which I am less than thrilled with but can live with. It will make it easier since most everyone in the house will be asleep and it will also allow me to be here in the evenings for dinner.

Since we do live in a really humid and hot area, he wants us to up our water drinking and get in a gallon a day! Yikes, I need to up my water drinking.

I am pretty excited, I think this is going to be fun and I really am looking forward to my times/speed improving.

No comments: