Sunday, August 13, 2006

Long, Slow Day

Today was my long, slow run which for me meant 6 miles.

We had a crowd out there today since normally it has just been Jim and I and occasionally Anita. This morning there was Jim, Chuck, Sally and Meighan. Chuck and Sally are the gazelles while the rust of us just kinda go at our own pace.

The temperature was low but the humidity was still there so it was more of a work out than I would have liked. Of course, that is sorta an oxymoron, right? It is not much of a work out if I am not really putting in much effort.

I messed up in marking my milage...too busy yapping with Jim and Meighan but I will sacrifice my times for making a run go easier.

We did our six miles in 1:15:04. Not exactly a blistering pace but it was a comfortable pace so we will take it. Next week we have the R3 5K run.

Chuck emailed our milage for this coming week....eeek! I have a SEVEN mile run scheduled for my LSD. That will be the longest I have ever run at one stretch.

On a side note, my lawn mowing shoes have given me a heck of a blister on my heel. I need to toss them. It didn't bother me at all while I was running but yeoch, it hurt while I was mowing. Time to toss the lawn mowing shoes. This means I need a new pair of running shoes so my current NB shoes can be demoted to lawn mowing shoes.

No comments: