Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Slow and Slower...Perhaps not

So Monday, we met out at the fairgrounds for a 4 mile run. It was Samantha, Candi and I. Right before we got there, a small rain shower came through so it was humid. Ick!

We decided to run the route backwards for a change. Rather than start at the start line (this is a 10K marked course we run on), we walked over to the 4 mile mark and started there.

As soon as we started, Candi and I could tell that the miles we had run in the past few days were catching up with us. We took our four miles pretty slow, our time was 49:49. Samantha, on the other hand, took off like a rocket. I think by the end of the run, she was at least 1/5 mile ahead of us. Go Samantha!

We met out again tonight. Well, Candi and I met LaVonne out there since Samantha was working. Before we ever started, I told Candi that I was going to take it easy and slower than the night before. She said that was fine, she was going to do the same thing.

The night was much cooler, not as humid and we had a nice breeze for portions of the run.

During the final mile, Candi started to pull away and get out in front. I let her. Then LaVonne got ahead of me. See ya!

As is my custom, I always try to sprint the last .10 mile (or longer if I feel up to it) I felt I had a nice, slow run...which is what I wanted. I almost passed LaVonne but she took my sprinting as a challenge and sprinted ahead too.

Color me shocked when I looked at my watch and my time was 47:31!! I won't bore you with splits but we even managed to run negative splits again. Now, how did that happen? It felt like a nice, slow run but it was faster. I am chalking it up to the cooler weather.

I am off until Friday, when I meet Chuck for a 5 mile run. See ya then!

No comments: