Friday, September 22, 2006

4:39

Naw, that is not the current time and I didn't manage to run a half mile in that time. So, why is that significant?

My alarm went off entirely too early this morning but I dragged myself out of bed. I looked at the temperature, it was 60F, and debated my R3 shirt, with sleeves, or a sleeveless shirt. I ended up deciding to wear my R3 shirt.

Opening the garage door, I was greeted by dark skies and rain. Since the weather can be vastly different between my house and the fairgrounds, I went down there. When I got there, you could see it had rained but it was not currently raining...just a bit windy.

Chuck showed up and since he is all about a warm up, we did 1.15 mile warm up (11:04)

Based on my last 5K time, he wanted me to run 4 miles at about an 11:20-11:40 pace. Since it was windy, he said as long as I was under 12:00, it was good. The fairgrounds is a large sorta oval shaped loop that we run. Chuck ran the first mile with me, to make sure I was okay with my pace and then he did his own workout, meeting me at each mile marker to give encouragement, my time and tell me to either pick it up a bit or not to push it. The he would shoot off until my next mile came up.

Right after I went pass the 2 mile mark, the skies opened up. I don't mind running in rain, much, and I much prefer that if I am going to run in the rain that it starts to rain AFTER I start. It is just tough to go out and begin a run while it is already raining.

Remember my shirt quandary earlier? Oh, how I regret not wearing my other shirt. The R3 shirt is a wicking shirt but it is white. That meant that the second it got wet, it became see through. Now, I am not a bikini model and normally, you would never catch me wearing something that revealing in public but there was no option this morning. I know, no one is going to see anything they have not seen before but still...not something that I feel comfortable sharing with the world. Good thing the fairgrounds were pretty well empty this morning.

My overall run time for my 4 miles was 43:28....4:39 OFF my previous best 4 mile time!!

1 mile - 10:46
2 mile - 10:55
3 mile - 11:15
4 mile - 10:32

After a short walk, we did a very easy half mile back to where we were parked. (6:23)

I am not going to be able to make our Friday morning runs after today so Chuck was nice enough to rearrange his schedule so we can run on Thursday evenings instead.

Sunday, I think we are doing 11 miles. Since my Reeboks gave me a blister, I am going to do my long run this week in my New Balance. We shall see if that helps.

Oh, I got a new toy in the mail too! My friend Andrea, who lives in San Antonio, sent me her Garmin 201. She upgraded to a different model. This is one nifty device and she only used it a few times. I hope to have it figured out so I can try it out on Sunday for my long run.

You will have noticed a slightly different look to the blog. I added a countdown to the St Jude's Half, added some running related blogs I read and changed a few links (took out some dead ones as well) I added my milage for the year as well.

No comments: