Sunday, September 24, 2006

Sleeves

Today was my long, slow run. If you recall, I got a pretty spiffy blister last week during my 10 mile run. I was hopeful that changing shoes would mean no repeat. I thought it maybe would work since I ran all week with no repeats.

Ha! My hopes were dashed early in the run when I could feel the squish start. Not only did I blister on the blister, it spread too. I am going to try some thicker socks to see if that will help. For now, I am just squishing around with a blister.

Since the GarminForerunner 201 made its way to the house, it was only right that I take it along on the run this morning. It is pretty nifty too!

When I got out at the parking lot, the first thing Brittany said to me was: What is with the sleeves? Obviously, my preference for no sleeves has become well know. It was supposed to be overcast so I wore my Clarksville Running Club shirt. Naturally, it decided to NOT be overcast and I ended up running in a hot shirt and got a sunburn as well.

We pretty much duplicated our route from last week but went an additional half mile for a total of 11 miles. The Garmin showed that the milage from last week was off by .05 miles....which is not too bad and certainly not going back to change markings for.

The run out was not too bad. Chuck and Lucas stayed with us for the first mile and then took off since they were going to 15. Brittany came back and ran with me until about the 6 mile mark.

As we got to the turn around, we came upon what we thought was a log next to the road. It turned out to be an injured barn owl...sitting next to the road in full sunlight. It just looked at us so I marked the milage on the Garmin in my head so I could phone the game warden when we got back to phones.

It was pretty darn hot on the way back. We were running right into the sun and while it was a moderate temperature (62F), I still got a sunburn on my face.

I tried a different Luna bar, the Peppermint Chocolate, and it was not too bad. During the run, I downed some Clif Bloks and then tried Carbboom. Good grief, that stuff is SWEET! I don't know it did any good but I can see why you have to chase it with water...to get the sugar feel out of your mouth.

11:51 - 1m
12:09 - 2m
11:56 - 3m
11:46 - 4m
12:45 - 5m
13:11 - 6m
15:26 - 7m hills...sun..hot!
13:01 - 8m
13:14 - 9m
13:22 - 10m
12:03 - 11m
.34 - 320.5 ft

Total run time: 2:21:28
Total milage: 11.06

No comments: