Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Geeky Detail

There is a really nifty site out there, RunningAHEAD that allows you to map your run and you can even see the elevation changes. Cool...so, here is the elevation changes on my 10 mile run.



Now, it is deceptive looking because that makes it look like I ran on a roller coaster road. While you can see the hills, it is all gently rolling hills except between mile 4 and 6. Even then, it is only tough from 4.5 mile to 5 miles and then from 5.5 miles to 6 miles. The rest of the time, you are aware of these changes but it is not really significant to your run.

I put some body glide on my foot, where a blister had developed on my long run. I did 4 miles this morning with no problems. Normally, when I run by myself, I listen to my mp3 player. I didn't this morning and I think my run went faster. Of course, that could be because it was below 60F and beautiful weather. My run time was 49:55

Vic, who wrote a fantastic blog about Perspective (I recommend you go read it, September 19 and mark his blog, I read it daily), asked in my comment section how I keep track of my splits. Here is what I said:

I have a Garmin 205 in the mail on it's way to me but I just use a regular ole Timex watch. It is an Ironman version with a 30 lap function. Anytime I record splits, it is because I am running somewhere that the course is marked. I just hit the lap button when I pass a marker. If no markers, I just have my total time recorded.

This week, I am alernating between 4 and 5 mile runs. Chuck wants me at the fairgrounds on Friday so we can do a 4 mile time trial. We do them at the fairgrounds because it is level, where the downtown running route is hilly.

No comments: