Sunday, October 01, 2006

Century City!

Can you believe it? I was actually kinda stunned when I saw my numbers creeping up for the month of September but I closed out the month having run 115.28 miles!! Compare that to the less than 24 miles I ran in March, when I first started all this. I am so excited about this, I hope I am always this excited about my running.

As expected, Chuck gave us an easy run this morning. Rather than the 11/12 on the schedule, he had us run a slow, easy 6 miles. Of course, Chuck took off at the 3 mile mark and ran 16 miles to our 6. It was just Jim and I out there running. Since Jim and Chuck were in front of me after about a mile, I pretty much ran this 6 miles solo...even if I could see Jim most of the time.

Where we run has such interesting road names. We run along a road called Jordan Springs Road....with no spring that I know of. We have roads called Boiling Trough, Hell Cat Trail and Ghost Corps Trail. Today, we ran just past Ghost Corps Trail and turned around.

I think I may bring my mp3 player on the next long run. I don't mind running like that but maybe music would make the miles go by faster. As it is, on longer runs, I think about all kinds of things. I plan my day, I decide what to do for dinner and in the case of today, I started planning for a Pack Meeting.

I am not sure if I ever mentioned this but I am Cubmaster for a pack of Cub Scouts. I have almost 50 boys from 1st grade to 5th grade. I also am the Webelos Den Leader and just because, I also am on District Roundtable Staff (Tigers Breakout Leader) My friend, Angie, is the District Popcorn Co-Chair with me. Shhh...don't tell but we are also working on District Cub Bowling and Day Camp/Twilight Camp staff. Can you tell I love scouting? They are getting used to me saying "Yeah, I can be there but not until after 10 because that morning I have a 10K race" I was more than a little irritated that Council Pow Wow was moved from its normal date in January to December...on the day of my Half! This will be the first time in several years that I missed Pow Wow (a load of fun)

It was a gorgeous day out, it was sunny and in the low 50's. I actually wore a regular cotton shirt and didn't get too hot. Of course, had I been running 12, I would have had a no sleeves running shirt on (and I did have one in my truck...just in case)

12:02 - 1 mile
12:01 - 2 mile
11:58 - 3 mile
12:13 - 4 mile
11:50 - 5 mile
11:00 - 6 mile
Total running time: 1:11:09
Average Pace: 11:52

No comments: