Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Just a short run

As I was getting on my blinkie lights, strapping on the Garmin and hunting down some shoes this evening, my five year old son watched me. He is used to seeing either me or his dad get ready to go run. He is fascinated with it and always asks how far we are going.

Iain: So how far are you going tonight Mom?
Me: I am going 3 miles.
Iain: Just a short run, huh, Mom?

3.1 miles, 38:31....a nice, easy run this evening.

Now, not that long ago, 3 miles was most certainly NOT a short run for me, it was my long run of the week. What a difference time and builing up a running base will do to you.

My week coming up. Normally I do my Friday workout with Chuck but since kids are out of school this week, I am doing the Wednesday evening session. Jim and Brittany should be there as well. That will be different since it is normally just me and Chuck on the track.

Monday: Off
Tuesday: 3 miles
Wednesday: Track
Thursday: 5 miles
Friday: 4 miles
Saturday: Off
Sunday: 13 miles

No comments: