Sunday, October 15, 2006

Half Marathon Run



While it was not a race today, I still ran the entire distance for a Half Marathon! When I first started training for it, my goal was to finish. After I had been with the group for a bit, I revised my goal to finish in 3 hours or less. I then revised my goal yet again to finish in 2:45:00 or less. As you can see in the chart above, I finished today in 2:44:01

I know the Memphis course is not as hilly as where we have been running so I *think* I should be able to finish in well under 2:45:00 but I am going to keep my goal the same.

Today was the coldest morning we have been out running. It was 31F when we started. I felt seriously over dressed next to Brittany and Jim, in long sleeves, hats and gloves. I knew I would be tossing that stuff in short order so I didn't bother to wear it. I ran in shorts and a t-shirt...cotton at that! My thumbs were cold for about a mile and then I was fine.

Brittany wanted to get done so she took off and left Jim and I in the dust. She ended up running an extra mile since she was not sure of where the turn around was. I had put water there but it was in a tree line. Jim stayed with me until almost the 8.5 mile mark and then he had to go on ahead to make a soccer game. You can see my time take a nosedive once I was solo.

I have not had a chance to get new socks so I decided to try wearing double of my thin socks. It did the trick! I got no new blisters on this run. Woo hoo!!

Today was our last long run. We won't run any more long runs this far, our long runs from now will be under 10 miles.

Oct 21 - LSD
Oct 28 - 10K Sango Scamper
Nov 4 - APSU Homecoming 5K
Nov 11 - LSD
Nov 18 - Turkey Trot 8K
Nov 25 - one week before the Half
Dec 2 - The Half!
Dec 16 - Jingle Bell Jog

No comments: