Sunday, October 08, 2006

Something Different

So I got up at the crack of dawn this morning...well, not exactly the crack but before 6:30 am. I made my sleepy way out to the back 40 to meet for a 12 mile run. I knew that Chuck would probably not be there but everyone else should be.

At 7:00 am, there was no one there. At 7:05 am, no one was there (there was an older lady walking a poodle..) At 7:10 am, no one was there.

Now, at this point, I have Angel Denise arguing with Devil Denise about just doing the run solo versus going home and attempting a 12 mile run from the house. Angel Denise won. I knew if I went home, I would not get the run in. I really was not happy about running 12 miles solo because I knew I would be slower than I could be and the chances of me walking were much greater. I put the cheese and whine down and started out on the 12 mile run.

.17 miles into the run, a blue PT cruise came whipping down the road...with Brittany! Brittany had been putting water out on the course with her sister, Brooke! Yay!! I turned around and walked back to the start so I could start again with company.

The run went very well despite my toes blistering. It was just below 50F when we started, just below 60F when we finished. Brittany and Brooke stayed with me up until about the 7-8 mile mark. I could see them the rest of the run, they finished maybe .25 miles in front of me. Below is the elevation graph and my mile times for the run. I didn't factor in the .17 miles/2 minutes I ran solo.

No comments: