Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Easy Peasy Week

Back in June, when I first met with Chuck and my Half training group, this week looked so far away. Now that it is here, it didn't seem to take much time. It seems like we just started yet here we are, about to run the half.

What a long journey, in other ways, this has been. When we started, we did a time trial and based on that, Chuck set our weekly milage and pace. When I look back on it, it is so incredibly slow to me. I remember he wanted me to run my long run at a 13:40 pace (without going to look) and I think I would really have to work at it to slow down to that pace now.

We had an easy 6 mile run over the weekend. Jim stayed with me for the entire run so it went by a lot faster than it normally does.

This week, we have nothing but 3 mile runs today, tomorrow and then on Friday (which I am not sure WHEN on Friday we are supposed to get that in since we are driving to Memphis that day)

I got my target time today....2:27:45 for a 11:17 pace. I ran my 10K at a 10:54 pace so I should be able to make this goal ::gulp::

Still, I need to have faith, right? Chuck has never given me a goal for a race that I have not gotten within 10 seconds of so I CAN do this.

No comments: