Thursday, November 23, 2006

It Worked!

If you recall, last week I had a problem with some running tights that just would slide right off me. I had planned to take them to a tailor shop to get a drawstring put in but then decided to do it myself.

Armed with scissors, drawstring, safety pin and fray check, I bravely made two teeny cuts in the waistband casing. I put fray check on the cuts to prevent fraying (well, duh!) Putting the safety pin on one end of the drawstring, I got it through. Viola! Less than 2 minutes later, my running tights had a drawstring.

Tonight I put them to the test. I did jump around and jog in place in the house first with no slippage. Greg and I went out for a 4 mile run and there was no slippage at all! The drawstring was a success!!

We ran an easy 4 miles in 47:35 for a 11:55 pace. It was darn cold out though.

I had on lower cut socks this evening and the zipper on the leg of the tights rubbed a spot so next time, I will have to be sure to wear higher cut socks.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving tomorrow for all those who celebrate it!


SmileyCentral.com

No comments: