Sunday, November 12, 2006

Ten Miles

This week, same as last week...I had a 10 mile run scheduled. Last week, if you recall, I had to pull up right after starting due to a cough. I rested this week (even though I did run once and it was tempting to go out again)

Normally, I run with my Half group for my long runs. Even though we may not physically be running next to each other for longer than about a mile, they are still on the route with me and that alone spurs me to run faster. No one was going to be out there today so I was on my own for my long run. ::gulp::

I really did not want to do this. I also didn't want to drive on Ft Campbell and run the back 40 solo. Even though I truly hate the route, I decided to run Chapel Hill for my 10 mile run. The last time I ran this route was at the beginning of August and it totally sucked. Still, today was a different day so I was willing to try it out.

My nine year old, Kaitlyn, hopped on her bike to come along with me and be my own personal support crew. She carried my water, my cell phone and my Clif Blocks. She rode normally in front of me, talking to cows, picking flowers and watching for deer.



The route is all in a rural area so I see a bunch of cows

and a lot of fields and trees


The run is still pretty darn hilly but after having run the back 40 and *those* hills, it wasn't so bad today. I think the fact that the temperature was 48 degrees cooler than the last time I ran it also helped. The route was not the bear I remember but a nice, pleasant run up in the Kentucky countryside.

1m- 11:16
2m- 12:00
3m- 11:59
4m- 12:21
5m- 12:27
6m- 12:20
7m- 11:59
8m- 12:59
9m- 12:26
10.10m- 12:04
Total run time - 2:03:19
Total milage - 10.10 miles

No comments: