Thursday, November 16, 2006

Grrr!

It happened again! I got a new set of running tights (could not find capris) and they were a size smaller. I have not worn a 12/14 since about 1993. I tried on the new set and was very pleased at how they fit. I jumped up and down, jogged in place and it seemed fine.

My 9 year old wanted to run with me this evening so we set out on a 5 mile run. 4 houses down and I can feel the insidious slippage begin again. I decided to take some drastic measures, rather than turn around to go change. I stood on the corner and stripped. Yes, you read correctly, I stripped right there in the middle of the street.

Since I always run with spandex shorts under, I took off the running tights, took off the spandex. Balancing on one foot so I didn't get my sock wet from the rain soaked road, I put the tights back on and then put the spandex over it. Yep, I was not going to win any fashion awards but it was dark and it kept the tights from falling around my ankles.

Of course, the tights slipped down and rested below my rear end, inside the spandex, for the run. It was very weird for about a mile before I could ignore it. Darn it, I was not going to cut my run short!

Sooo....tomorrow, I am taking the stinking tights to the tailor shop and having them put a freaking drawstring in them. Why in the world don't they already have one? You know, it is not like I have skinny hips, there is plenty of paddage there that you would think would prevent the slipping. I want to know what "runners" were the ones who tested these tights before they were placed on the market. They are made by Danskin and not really expensive but still.

Kaitlyn did awesome on the run. I gave her plenty of opportunity to cut the run short if she was feeling too tired but she chose the long route each time. We ended up running 5 miles at an 11:30 pace. I think she will do great on the 8K Saturday.

No comments: