Thursday, February 08, 2007

Brrr!

SmileyCentral.comIt was 3F when I got up this morning! THREE!!

Three was the magic number since I had 3 miles on my schedule for the day but knew that I would never get on the treadmill tonight because of other things going on. I decided that I would just hold off today and go out in the morning for a quick 3 miles.

Wait a minute, what was wrong with going out this morning? Nothing other than the fact it was almost time for the bus and it was abouyt 14F outside. I decided to go for it so I raced up the stairs, jumped into my running clothes, spent a frantic moment looking for my ear warmer (never found it) and made it out to the bus to wave off the kidlets.

Despite the fact it was dang cold, the run felt nice after I warmed up. I had to watch my footing to be sure I wasn't going to hit any ice. Less than a mile into the run, I pulled off my gloves and pushed up my sleeves.

I was pretty pleased with my pace, after feeling incredibly slow on the treadmill. I was running uphill and still going faster than I do on the treadmill. Anyway...

On the way back, the wind kicked up and my ears started to feel abused without my ear warmer. I was less than a mile from home, knew I would be turning (and get out of the wind) so I just pulled on my gloves and ignored my ears.

I ended up doing almost 3 1/4 miles. Boy howdy, did my face sting when I got back into the house. Being outside felt so much better than running on the hamster wheel. I am glad I have the option of using the TM but I much prefer running outside.

I have tomorrow off before a 9 miler on Saturday or Sunday.

No comments: