Saturday, February 10, 2007

Easy Peasy Five

I have come to the conclusion that I am just going to have to suck it up right now and do my long runs solo. Well, not really solo since I plan to have my 10 year old ride along on her bike.

Right now, my running club meets for a 5 mile run on Saturday and a 10 mile run on Sundays. That is great except I normally can't do the 10 mile on Sunday and be back in time for church, which starts at 10:30 am. I thought maybe I would ask on the message board for someone else who is running my pace and on my schedule but I think I may be just out of luck.

Luckily, I do live right near The Washington and Old Dominion Trail This is an old railroad line that is now paved for more than 44 miles and is used for running, biking, skating and horseback riding. Since it does go on for a looong way, it makes it fairly easy to do long runs on it. I can just jump on it near me, run out however far I need to and then come on back. I would rather run with friends but this will work for me. I can still meet for the 5 miler on Saturday too.

For the last two weeks, I have met on Saturday and ran with two ladies named Donna and Tina. They were nice enough to not mind me horning in on their run and hanging with them. It is nice to have someone to run with, more so when you are new to an area.

Today was a prediction run, you had to sign up and predict your time. I didn't sign up but I had a mental prediction that I was aiming for. I actually beat what I thought I would run by 2 minutes. Of course, it is still slower than I would like but I am blaming the hills, ice, wind and cold. Yeah, that is it.

So, my schedule for this week is:

Monday: Off
Tuesday: 4 miles
Wednesday: 7 miles
Thursday: 4 miles
Friday: Off
Saturday: 14 miles
Sunday: cross

I would like to meet with the group on Saturday but I also think 19 miles in one day, even broken up, is probably not a good idea. I guess I could join the walkers for 3 miles rather than run the 5 miles

No comments: