Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Some is better than none

I had high hopes of making it to an evening class tonight since I went grocery shopping this morning. Why shopping over the gym in the morning, you may ask? In the mornings, my 3 year old goes to pre-school. He gets home at noon. I try to do any errands in the morning so I only have to bring the 18 month old along. If I wait for him to get home from school, it is then lunch time and the two small ones take a nap. Once they are up from naps, the older kids are getting home from school. At that point, any errands I need to go do includes dragging 6 kids along.

After looking at the times involved, I decided it was not worth breaking my neck to try and get homework done, dinner cooked and eaten and then rush to the gym. I don't like being rushed and the kids get cranky when I rush them too much. Instead, I went over to a friends neighborhood and we sold Cub Scout Popcorn, walking the route and pushing a double stroller. So, not the ideal exercise, probably not very strenuous but still exercise of a sort. My title today says it all.

Up tomorrow: Meeting the trainer to get my exercise road map clarified and implemented.

No comments: