Monday, October 25, 2004

Yikes!

Despite me not having blogged since last week, I have NOT stopped my program.

My friend who usually goes to class with me was not able to go this morning. I went by myself and did weights while waiting for the class to start.

The class is advertised as an all level step class, the instructor is supposed to do level I moves and the rest can do what they like if they feel it is too basic. I was fine for the 5 minute warm up and then all hell broke loose.

I don't know what the heck the instructor was doing but it was NOT even close to level I. I have been in this class before, with this instructor, so it was a total shock to me when she started this. She was doing moves I had never seen before. I tried for 10 minutes to follow, she kept saying just do basic moves.. Well, I follow the instructor and when she is whizzing around like an energizer bunny on crack, adding in hops, kicks and turns, I am lost.

I felt so embarassed and angry. Not only did I look like an idiot because I could not figure out how to follow along doing something at least similar, I also walked out of the class. I have never walked out of a class but I was just upset enough that I did. Of course, it didn't help that I was up in the front of the class either. I probably would have stuck it out if I had been further back in the class and if she had not kept making directional changes that had the entire class facing me.

I won't be taking her class again, I will stick to the instructors who do keep it down on the lower level for those of us who are uncoordinated and still learning. I guess I am going to head back into the Intro class so they can show me what the heck she was doing, she was saying they were basic steps but they sure were not any basic steps that I had been taught by another instructor.


No comments: