Sunday, July 09, 2006

Hills, oh my!

Greg runs a different route down to the school than I do. My route is actually longer but he feels his is an easier workout, even discounting the milage difference. We went out running so I decided to try his route.

The major difference, besides the milage, is that his route takes us up the killer hill on East Henderson that I generally avoid. Yuck! I went ahead and I was able to run up it but my calves were not happy with me.

Tuesday was the 4th so I wanted to be sure to sneak a run in. Since I had done Greg's route, I wanted to do my regular route and not face that hill again. My calves were still pretty upset with me and I had such a sucky time. 5K took me 44 minutes! Eeek!

I decided to take a short break from running for a few days but still went out walking with Kaitlyn. For reasons known only to her, she asked to go down North Henderson. Oh.my.word! I knew there was a steep hill there but it makes the hill on E. Henderson look like a minor bump. No wonder the kids call the hill on N. Henderson "The Unstoppable Hill" Alas, it was all well since we were walking but it was still a workout going up it.

Today was my first official run with the Half Marathon training group. Three of us showed up. We did a mile warm up run, which is more than I normally do. Then we did a three mile run that Chuck timed.

I never look at my split times unless for some reason there is a someone there calling it out when I pass a mile marker. My one mile time was 11:32! I was surprised, I thought I was going much slower. My three mile time was 37:02, I thought I did pretty darn well.

It was early, 7:00 am, but it was nice to go and get my run out of the way. I am meeting my 5K group tomorrow evening for a run. We have not been able to meet for over a week. This will be my last run until Thursday since I will be out at Boxwell with my Webelos this week.

Oh, yeah, I also lost another pound this week and changed my weigh in day to Fridays.

No comments: