Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Humidity, Victoria's Secret and Reebok

Wow, with a title like that, doesn't it make you want to read what in the world is going on?

It has been so stinking hot and humid here that it makes running or even the thought of running just something you don't want to do. I have been out running but you just drip in sweat before you even go a half mile. Yesterday morning, I had planned to go out running at 7 am but it was close to 10 am before I actually got out. The temperature rose from 88F to 92F while I was running, it was sunny and I was sweltering. I had forgotten my washcloth so I was dripping sweat into my eyes. I did bring my mp3 player with me for the first time. I think it made the run go faster even though I felt like I wanted to just collapse in the shade with water pouring on me.

This probably will come under the too much information category but oh well. I normally wear cotton underwear (Jockey for Her) but with the cotton comes chafing at times. I was in the mall with my oldest daughter who went into Victoria's Secret for something. I saw some underwear that I thought I would try. The seams are really nice and flat. I have to say that I like them and so far, no chafing!

I had planned to get a new pair of running shoes next month but since there was a sale (50% off!) I went to look. I normally wear New Balance shoes because I just like them. There was not a NB in the model I wear (766) so I tried out a Reebok. I tried on a mens shoe first but the arch felt like it was higher than normal. I tried a ladies shoe on my left foot and I liked that arch better. When I put on the right foot I discovered it also had a high arch. I asked Michelle who said that it is very possible that I land harder on my right foot and the arch does get pounded down. After walking around a bit, I didn't notice the arch.

I went for a 3.2 mile run in the new shoes this evening and it was amazing how different they felt from my New Balance. I like the Reeboks but I think I will probably end up getting a pair of the 767 (updated 766 model) in September. Once I do that, I can alternate my shoes when I run.

No comments: