Sunday, July 30, 2006

Not A Fluke!

I posted last week that I had a totally awesome 4 mile run. It was, I figured, a combination of lower temperature, lower humidity and a desire to get the run finished. I chalked it up to a fluke that I finished it in just under 50 minutes.

This morning, I headed down to the fairgrounds to meet Jim for a 5 mile run. Candi and Samantha were going to be there at 7:30 am but since I was already there, we would not be running together (other than at the same park and passing one another along the route) It was close to 80 degrees out by the time we started to run and the humidity was about 80%...can you say dripping wet with sweat. My ponytail was soaked from being on my back.

Anyway, when I run, as I have stated before, I turn on my stopwatch and then switch to regular time. I don't even really make a note of the actual time since I don't want to be tempted to look and feel pressured to speed up. Today, as we approachd the 4 mile mark, I decided to switch over to just check it.

It was 50:03!! That means my 4 mile time from last week was not a fluke after all. I really am getting faster even if I don't feel like I am. There are days where I feel like I am running at such a slow pace that I am embarassed for myself but then my watch shows me that it was a pretty fast pace for me.

Chuck went out of town last weekend and we have not heard from him since. I am not sure what milage he wants us running this week so I am going to just up everything one mile. My daily runs will be 4 miles and I already did my 5 long run.

I am just so chuffed that I am finally seeing some visable signs of improvement!!

No comments: