Sunday, July 16, 2006

Just Seven Days

It has only been seven days since my last blog but since so much has taken place, it sure seems like longer.

Monday through Wednesday, I spent down near Gallatin at Boxwell Boy Scout Reservation. I had 10 of my Webelos doing resident camp so I was with them. Other than it being incredibly hot, humid and buggy, it was not too bad. Devin came down with a nasty case of chiggers and hives but recovered quickly. I did have a pedometer with me so kept track of my milage. I figure I walked about 5 miles.

Once I got back, I went running on Thursday evening with Greg. I decided to run his route again and once again, my time totally sucked. I did it in 41:45 It was so darn humid out that it made me question my sanity, really.

Friday morning I met Chuck down at APSU for a run. We started at Austin Peay and then wound our way through downtown to end back at APSU. I asked how long it was, he said 3 miles. When I mapped it, it was 3.4 miles. I did it in just 41:24, which I thought was awesome. There were a few hills downtown that I gave up and walked on.

Saturday, I went out with Kristen in the neighborhood. Now, she has been running in Idaho some and she thought she would be okay to run. Before we ever hit a half mile, she was whipped and walking most of the route. It is incredibly humid, have I mentioned that? In any event, I ended up going 3.2 miles in 41:04.

Today, I met Jimmy from my half marathon group down at the fairgrounds. We did a 4 miles. Chuck had he wanted us doing 4 miles in 55 minutes so we obliged by doing it in 53:32.

I have not met with Candi or Samantha for a week now, I need to email them so we can meet up. I know that I will be meeting up with Chuck on Friday but will have to skip out on the Wednesday run.

Oh, I have had a minor breakthrough, if you can consider it one. I have been able to stop running and walk during my runs. Now, it is not long walking period, usually under 2 minutes, but still walking. I have been able to start running and continue running. I am not sure why and while I am not planning to make it a habit, it is nice to know I can walk occasionally and still pick up running again.

No comments: