Monday, July 31, 2006

I'm Melting....

Seriously, it is incredibly hot and humid out.

This morning, the entire family went down to the fairgrounds so I could re-do the 10K markings. The markings are all on the road but they are so faded, it really takes some work to see a few of them. I decided to get some neon green paint to paint over the faded green that they were.

Sunday, Jim and I had to do some major hunting to find the 5 mile mark on the road. We knew about where it should be and it took three laps to find it. All of the mile markings, as well as the start and finish, of the 10K route are on the left side of the road...the way you would be running. For some reason, the 5 mile mark is on the right side of the road. We never saw it because we were looking on the left. The mark that we always thought was the 6 mile mark is not correct. When I stopped to paint it, it has a large X through it. In looking around, I found the actual 6 mile mark a few yards away. All of the milage marks are now neon green and easy to see.

I met Candi and Samantha down there this evening for a run. I thought wetting my hair and my shirt before the run would make it a little cooler. Ha! It was still close to 95F with over 80% humidity.

I have a new watch that I actually can figure out how to get split times on so I did that today. We ran 3 miles in 36:59. Our split times were: 1 mile - 11:52, 2 mile - 12:45 and 3 mile - 12:20. Overall, I think we did awesome considering we were melting. It sure seemed like those mile markers were getting further and further apart as we ran.

Candi and I are meeting tomorrow evening for another 3 mile run.

No comments: