Friday, January 11, 2008

9 on the 9th Sweetheart Shuffle

As I was reading a blog about a week ago, I saw a notice on one side for a "virtual" run and a race logo. It caught my interest so I went searching. What I found was, indeed, a virtual run called 9 on the 9th Sweetheart Shuffle.

Non-runner Nancy is the person behind this. Last year, she started a virtual run called Eight on the Eighth, compelete with race results. Reading through them is a lot of fun so this sounds like my kind of event.

My race director (who would be me) has hinted strongly that there will be a medal for those registered runners who finish (which would be me). I am feeling good, I may actually place first in my age group (which would not be a stretch since I would be the only "registered" runner here)

My husband has watched me talk about this and work on my medal (I was serious, it is currently drying before being painted) and asked, in a tone of disbelief "And this is an actual event? Why?"

Because it is fun! Because it is quirky and because it is a reason to get out and run 9 miles. I need to scope out where this run will take place but I am thinking it will be out on the W&OD, starting near Caboose. I am hoping to put up a water station (in the form of a water bottle) around the 4.5 mile mark. If I really want to go out, I may print out race numbers and have a goody bag.

No, this is not strange! Fun! Fun! It is fun! For more details, click the logo over there <-----

ORN: Pack Meeting, chasing 9 Tigers is enough today

No comments: