Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Beautiful Weather

After the bitter cold, windy temps of last week, this weather in record highs is nice. We turned the heat off 2 days ago and have had windows open. It was 71F at Dulles yesterday, 71!!

Since I was able to breath all day long, I got on all my stuff for a run this evening. I didn't realize that I would have Tinsel, Greg AND Kaitlyn with me but we all headed out the door while the wee ones ate popcorn watching the older kids play on the GameCube.

Once again, I had forgotten to turn off my Garmin so I had no battery power left. Luckily, Greg had his charged so I set it to my interval rate and off we went. I decided to run up to the high school and then cut through the neighborhood before coming back.

My ankles and calves have really been protesting any kind of an incline. I would not say it is painful but they are most certainly making it known they are not happy.

Once we hit Weihle, I decided to cross over since we would have to do it up on the corner anyway and the light was with us. As it turned out, there was no sidewalk on that side of Weihle, which I didn't know. What we should have done was cross back over but I was thinking more of just continuing so we walked the length of Weihle until we got back to Dranesville. That serious slowed our time down but I was able to get back on my intervals and we completed the run. It took longer than I would have liked but I know my time will come down again as I continue to go out and run.

It was a gorgeous night for a run. It was about 60F out and windy but it was a warm wind, not that bitter cold wind. Tinsel got in a blinking red heart light so she had a blinkie on as well while we ran.

ORN: 3.04 miles 3/2

No comments: