Thursday, January 10, 2008

Rain, Rain

Rain is a funny thing. I actually like rain. I like to watch rain, I like to listen to thunder and it is pretty cool to sit out on the porch during a heavy rain storm and just watch the sky lighting up. I don't like running in the rain.

Wait, let me clarify that a little bit. I don't mind running in the rain, if it starts to rain while I am already running. I don't like starting a run if it is raining. Yes, I am made of sugar and I will melt.

My plan was to bring my running stuff to basketball practice and go across the street to the high school and run on the track. How cool, I could actually log some miles on a flat track. Because the school grounds are a dog free zone, I would not be able to bring Tinsel with me. As the time came to get ready to go to practice, it was pouring buckets out there and I admit it, I weenied out. I didn't go over to the track.

It is looking more and more like I am going to have to force myself to run in the mornings after dropping off Nicholas at seminary rather than go back to my warm bed. That works out well with moderate temperatures but when it is cold outside, the call of the warm bed and my sweet little Rhys who is always willing to cuddle up to me...it is tough to fight that call.

Not at all related to running but still rather exciting from my viewpoint. I have been going to District Roundtable for months. Several months ago I offered my services when they asked for volunteers but never heard anything back. Tonight, they were asking for volunteers once more and this time it looks like they are bit more interested. I am hoping that they will do breakouts since I love working with Tiger and Wolf leaders. The little scouts are always the most fun to deal with because they are so excited with Scouting.

ORN: it was raining! I would have melted! Seriously.

No comments: