Friday, November 25, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

I went out for my run on Wednesday night but didn't go out last night. My time on Wednesday was 28:58:36 but I did go a little shorter. Apparently the kids of mine that come along on my nightly run are not appreciative of me adding milage. They are on bikes and scooters, they are not running so I am not sure why they are griping. When we near the end of the run and they see me cross the street, indicating we are taking the "long" way back, there is a collective groan. Now, the "long" way is .5 miles back to the house as opposed to .2 miles back to the house. It truly is not a significant change but enough that they feel much maligned.

Wednesday my purse was stolen by some jerk so I spent the day replacing my drivers license, my military ID and getting the few ATM cards I carry cancelled. There was no cash in my purse, maybe $10, but the scumbag did get my Darth Vader Lego pen...waaah!

Today I did brave the stores to pick up a few items, which I will actually bring home on Monday. They were just tossed in layaway today to hold them until I am kid free. I didn't get out for a run but did do a 3 mile DVD.

My knees are feeling this running. They don't hurt, they just quietly let me know that they are not fond of this running. Once I start running, I feel fine. Every night when I go out running, I think on the way out that I am whipped and will just cut it short, taking the "short" way back home. When I reach that intersection, it seems silly to take the "short" way since it is not much further to go the route I had planned.

I am going to continue my current route for a few weeks, at least until mid December, before I change it again. Hopefully I will have a husband back home some time soon so I can actually go run in the afternoons when he gets home from work rather than after kids are in bed.

No comments: