Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Two Minutes

I managed to run several 2 minute legs of my run this morning. Now, 2 minutes doesn't sound like a long time but when you are out of shape, it is a lifetime! I never knew 2 minutes would last so long. I thought for sure I had been running closer to 5 minutes. Oh well, I will get there eventually.

I noticed that today, my breathing was a little easier and my legs are not as tired. My overall time was slower today, I did my two miles in 27:50:10 I can also see why it is advised to ditch the watch.

When out running, the watch becomes like a scale. I keep looking at it, trying to remember if I was at X point yesterday before or after this time. Then the mild panic when it looks like my time will be slower! Horror! LOL I need to just leave it at home because right now, it truly doesn't matter if I am slower or not. I am out there and I am running. I need to concentrate on that more than my speed. Once I can go the distance I want, then I will worry about speed.

I got in about 90 ounces of water today. I need to get in some tomorrow before I run though. I probably should bring water too but right now I am already carting a load of stuff when I go run. I have the stroller, 2 kids, blankets on said kids, cell phone and keys. Add in there that I am not coordinated enough yet to push a stroller, run, breathe AND drink water at the same time. I will get there but I am not there yet.

I did get to add another quarter to my bank and I added a few more reasons to my cards.

I have mentioned that I post on another board and am taking part in a 6 week challenge there. A couple of the ladies on my team (we are the POINTer Sisters) have decided to look into starting a running program. I just love how we motivate each other and inspire one another. Isn't the internet grand??

No comments: