Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Monday, Monday

That about sums up the day, doesn't it? It was indeed Monday and we all know that means weigh in time again. There was no change in my weight when I weighed myself this morning. When I checked it again a short time ago, I was down 4 oz but I am leaving the fat-o-meter alone. Seeing as I really didn't attempt to follow any kind of a plan since Thanksgiving, I am actually pretty pleased at no gain at all.

We have had cruddy weather, including a downpour today that got me soaking wet trying to get from a store to my van while shielding 2 kids. They stayed nice and dry, I was dripping despite a huge umbrella. Incidently, it was coming out of the mall where this happened. I have to go to the mall office to register as a walker, get my permission card and then I will be set to walk indoors on really bad or cold mornings. The weather did clear out enought that I was able to go out for my run this evening.

I think taking a few days off helped because I felt more refreshed during the run and felt like I was running strongly. I did drop to a walk on a few hills when I felt my run was slowing to the point that I would be faster walking. I would say in a +30 minute run, I walked for less than 2 minutes total. There is nothing wrong with walking since it gives me a needed break to keep going.

Tomorrow is a Nashville trip and then a Girl Scout Cookie meeting so I won't get in my morning walk but plan to make my run.

No comments: