Thursday, November 10, 2005

Whipped!

Wow, time slips away when you are not looking. Each evening I have been meaning to get on and update but things seem to get in the way.

First up, I have not slacked off at all. I am still going strong but more on that later.

Second, I lost 2 pounds this week! Whee! My fat-o-meter over there has been changed since Monday even if I didn't get on here and post.

I have been going out twice a day for the past week. I walk 2 miles in the morning and then in the evening, I go out for my run/walk. We have had such extreme differences in the temperature in the evening too. One night when I went out for my evening run, it was 71F. This evening when I went out, it was a chilly 41F.

I can see a difference in my running now that I am going out in the evening sans kids. I am running more than walking during my 2 miles. I drove my route today and I can go half a mile before I walk for a minute or so. Once I get fairly comfortable running a mile, I will add more distance to my evening run.

I do have to say it is cool to be able to put a quarter in my bank every time I run. I almost didn't go out this evening but when the time came when I normally go, I just had to go do it.

I don't really enjoy running but I do feel better when I get out there and do it. My inital running distance is always the worse. It is when my lungs are burning and I watch for my marker to stop running. Once I reach it, I am feeling good enough to keep going. I was running this evening, thinking about something and before I knew it, I was on the horrible hill.

The horrible hill - I hate this hill. It is a nasty hill that is on my return route and is a long, steep one. I can make it up almost half way running. Even walking, it is difficult. I know in the long run, it will make me a better runner but I still feel the need to daily state, as I struggle up it, that I hate it.

No comments: