Monday, October 31, 2005

Incentive

Oh yeah, I went down a pound again this week. Wheee!!

I went out running this morning with Kierynn and Rhys. I did my 2 miles in 27:17.

I have been reading Runner's World Complete Guide to Beginning Runningand decided to take some suggestions that they have to make a running program more successful.

I got a piggy bank today, it is actually a pink elephant. It looks close enough to a pig though. After every run, I am plunking a quarter into it. Once it full, I will use the money to get something. It will be fun to hear it filling up.

Another suggestion was to make "Why I Run" cards. I have a spiral notebook of index cards, I have to write down why I run on each card. Right now, the reasons I run are few. I run because it is good exercise. I run to lose weight. Beyond that, I can't really think of any other compelling reason to run. As they occur to me, I will add them down.

I am going to go out running again tomorrow. Go me.

No comments: