Friday, October 14, 2005

Already There

When I signed on earlier today, I saw something on my welcome screen about 4 helpful tips and I caught the word weight. I clicked over and read what the 4 helpful tips to losing weight are. I found it interesting since they are things I am already doing.

1. Stay positive. Don't beat yourself up if you slip. Starving yourself or overexercising the next day won't help. Simply resolve to get back on your program right away. Boy, aren't we all guilty of this? No one is as hard on me and unforgiving of me than I am.

2. Keep a food diary. Take notes on what you eat and where, as well as your mood. After one week, review your entries. If you find you use food to soothe or reward yourself, look for healthy alternatives. I sorta do that here but I have not really written when and where I eat. I already know that night time snacking is my big problem area as far as food goes.

3. Set realistic goals. Change one thing about your diet each week: Cut back on portion size, or buy more fresh produce. Be reasonable -- if your diet is too restrictive, you'll lose motivation. Another good thing. I have mini goals in mind rather than the big picture. It can be so overwhelming to be so focused on the big loss rather than being excited by a small loss.

4. Make a commitment Do 30 minutes of moderate activity (walking works fine) most days of the week. After two weeks, add 5 minutes to each session. To shed pounds, work up to 60 minutes a day. Ugh, who likes to exercise but it is a necessary evil. I am hoping one day that I will actually like to exercise but some how, I think it is still quite a ways into the future.

How interesting that this was posted though and I happened to see it. Things that make you say "hmmmmm"

B: yogurt with Kashi Go Lean Crunch
L: no yelling, I forgot to eat lunch today
D: chicken enchilada, salad, wax beans

I know, I know...no skipping meals! I didn't intend to skip lunch, I just got busy doing something and meant to get lunch but time got away. Before I knew it, it was dinner time. I have a huge pan of chicken enchiladas left since it feeds 16. I fed 7 people this evening with it and there are still easily 12 servings left. I am going to freeze it. Picky darn kids...

No comments: