Monday, October 24, 2005

Turtle vs Hare

Apparently my weight is doing the Tortise and Hare style of loss. I would like to be the Hare, going fast with dramatic changes. My body has other ideas, it is the Tortise. I know slow and steady wins the race and I should be happy with ANY loss but darn it! I want something bigger!!

I got a late start this morning since I really didn't want to go grocery shopping. I delayed long enough that I barely got back into the driveway when the preschool bus showed up to drop off my preschool guy.

Since I was getting ready to go out, I once again forgot my breakfast. I realized it when I was in the store and everything was looking really good. Whoops! I am on track for water, doing okay with my food and went walking.

I really need to get my little bottle out since I drink more when I am constantly refilling it. I also did very well with my food. My kids had chili dogs, I had a grilled chicken breast with acorn squash. That worked out well since really, I don't like hot dogs that much. I used to but since I used dehydrated hot dogs to train my dogs in competition obedience, I can't eat them anymore LOL I got some walking in but I need to also get some more. It is so darn cold out, it is hard to whip up some enthusiasm to take the baby out into the chill. I may look into mall walking when the weather is really cold.

Tomorrow I am going to try out a new recipe that looks pretty darn yummy. Chicken, apples, onions, maple syrup and lite italian dressing. I think my kids will turn up noses at it since if that chicken isn't fried, they don't really like it. I also picked up a delicta squash to eat, not as decoration. Since I like most squash, but not summer squash, I thought I would try baking it with a bit of butter and nutmeg.


I am feeling very blah about keeping a food diary. I know I need to, I just need to get back into it.

I am down a whopping pound this week.

No comments: