Thursday, October 06, 2005

Making A Change

After being asked how I eat so little without getting a migraine or starving, I decided to make an effort to eat more. Now, before anyone thinks this is a bad idea, I am a nursing mother. This means I actually do need an additional 500 calories a day to keep a decent milk supply in. Naturally, I picked a crappy day to do it.

I had to go grocery shopping, hampered by a fusspot who didn't want to ride in his carseat but wanted to be held...where he would promptly fall asleep. He is less than 2 months old so I can cut him some slack. His older sister, however, was just a pill because she wanted to walk and I would not let her. I tell this so you realize why it took me much longer than normal to get it done. I thought I had nearly an hour to make it home before a different son got off the preschool bus. Wrong. I had 20 minutes! I made it.

I literally ate my lunch while I unloaded groceries. A bite, put away a bag of stuff, a bite. I had a Cub Scout meeting this evening so dinner was ready by 5:15 pm so I could take off at 6:00 pm to get the sitter.

It was just probably not the best day to try to implement a few extra calories. I did eat today though.

B: nutri grain cereal bar (grabbed on the way out the door so I could put down SOMETHING!)
L: grilled chicken, brown rice
S: caramel rice cake
D: cheesey spaghetti bake (it was 6 pts for WW)

I was waaaaayyy low on veggies today but will do better tomorrow! Good night Scarlett!

No comments: