Friday, October 28, 2005

Two Miles

I may have looked totally silly today but I braved the darn chilly weather to go out walking. It was below 40F when I went out so I had the kiddies bundled up good. The two older ones (4 and 2) were in the stroller while the baby (9 weeks old) was in a sling. It was some work, let me tell you, to push that stroller with the baby on my chest up some of the hills in my walking route. Still, I managed to do it in just at 30 minutes. This is a good workout and it will be interesting to see how my times would be if I didn't have the jogger. My almost 13 year old said he would watch the kids for a bit toimorrow so I can go out by myself for a walk/run. Yay!!

I got in just over 80 oz of water today. I also didn't give into temptation when I went through fast food to get the kids dinner after a Cub Scout Pack meeting. I did eat some cookies at said meeting though.

I ordered a new scale tonight, not sure if it is going to be a wise move. It is one that is more accurate, measures in tenths rather than just in pounds, like my current scale. I don't want to become a scale slave, and I can see it happening, so I may have to get my kids to hide it between weigh ins. I know the scale lies but I still try to get it to say what I want each week.

While I was walking today, I was thinking of alternate places to go walk/run. I have a large van so it is easy enough to load in my jogging stroller. I may have to invest in a weather cover for my jogging stroller though. I obviously won't take the kids out in bad weather but the cover may provide a nice enough wind block when it is a bit chilly out. I work up a sweat and stay warm but they don't get that just sitting in the stroller.

No comments: