Thursday, October 13, 2005

A Small Change

I noticed today, as I was doing things around the house, that my pants were dragging on the ground. Now, the pair of pants I had on never had that problem before. I generally buy the tall pants in my size because the normal inseam is too short for my legs. I rolled my pants up a bit and kept doing whatever I was doing. Shortly after that, my pants really started to annoy me. It seemed like I was forever dragging the hems and I was doing something else I didn't even realize for awhile. I kept pulling my pants up.

Now why, I can hear some of you asking yourself, is that significant? It is significant because it means that my waist and/or stomach area is shrinking! If I have to keep hiking those pants up and the hems are now dragging, it is because they are getting loose and not fitting me the same way. I don't know about you but I find that pretty exciting! These are regular jeans too, I wore them prior to becoming pregnant with Rhys.

It is a great boost to my self esteem to have some tangible evidence (besides the scale) that this is working! Woo hoo! Now, for the less great news, I didn't do as well as I should have today. I tested my will power and it came up lacking. I got some cookies and they called me all day long. I was only going to eat one, it became two and then the cookies went into the big trash can outside. I can't even have them in the house. How sad is it that an adult woman can't leave cookies alone? I can leave all the stuff for the kids lunches alone so why not cookies? Probably because they were "my" cookies. Well, lesson learned, no lasting damage beyond mortification done.

B: cottage cheese (1 cup with equal, cinnamon, nutmeg)
L: chicken with couscous (SBD frozen meal)
D: sloppy joe (no bun, 1/2 cup), corn/broccoli/carrots (1 cup), salad (medium)
S: apple

Here is to more of my pants not fitting soon!

No comments: